It was just announced that German’s biggest Rock festival “Rock am Ring” was interrupted by the police. Apparently due to a terror threat! Here are all the details we found out so far:
- organiser Marek Lieberberg personally announced the evacuation of the festival area on stage
- apparently someone who worked at the festival cannot be identified clearly and might pose a threat with a terrorist background. The person was classified as a potential endangerer.
- The police is currently investigating the festival area
- Marek Lieberberg himself said repeatedly during a press conference that he believes the interruption of the festival was premature and there is no acute threat for the audience
- He hopes that the area will be cleared by the police soon so that the festival can continue tomorrow
- Today’s headliners Rammstein are currently in talks to be rescheduled to tomorrow
We will post any new insights about the investigation on our Twitter @GIDMagazine!
— Oliver Auster (@OliverAuster) June 2, 2017
— Rick Fulker (@rickfulker) June 2, 2017